Flying with a Three Year Old

This was one of my biggest fears.  I knew we had three planes to take and a lot of luggage and Coco is extremely active.  I had nightmares of her discovering the length of the plane, throwing back the curtains and running up and down the aisles!  I’m not kidding; it was keeping me up at night!

To prepare, I had considered Benedryl but I couldn’t bring myself to use it.  Instead, since we were flown here business class, I figured food would be the main amusement.  For the most part it worked.  I also had a backpack full of new games and toys given to me by my sweet co-workers at my going away party.  I brought out a new toy every few hours and that seemed to work.  And lucky for me, Coco is an amazing traveler.  She is such a curious kid that she loved going through security and looking out the window at the planes and checking out all the buttons on the airline seats.

Here are some pictures from our trip.  Heading to the airport:

And on the plane.  The first leg of our trip was economy.

The rest of the trip was business class (thanks to my new employers).  Can I just say I am never flying economy again?!  Ok, that’s a lie.  I can’t afford to fly business class but it was nice while it lasted!  Here are few pics from our flight, hanging out in the business class:

lounge and changing planes.

In Korea, in the business class lounge, the toilets had all the funny buttons on them.  Coco asked if she could push them and I told her no at first but then my curiosity got the best of me.  I gave in and she pushed a button that created a spray of water that went very high, arched over and hit the stall door!  I suppose it was supposed to be a bidet but without anyone standing in front of it, it just created a big mess.  As a huge puddle was forming on the floor  I frantically fiddled with the buttons trying to figure out how to turn the darn thing off.  It was stressful at the time but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious!

My first glimpse of Asia was breathtaking.  As we landed in Korea I saw large dark hills protruding out of the water.

Then finally, after 3 planes and nearly 24 hours of travel, we arrived.

We were met at the airport and driven to our new home.  You can see in the photo below how incredibly tired I was.  You can also see in my eyes that I was a bit overwhelmed at the whole prospect of living in the Philippines with no other family and no friends.  Just me and my pumpkin.

But I was so proud of myself.  I had actually made it happen!  We were in Asia and I was ready to embark on our new life overseas.  I think it’s a good sign that the start of the trip went so smoothly. Coco did amazingly well and our dream was now a reality.

This entry was posted in travel. Bookmark the permalink.

Kind words only, please! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s