Okay, time for a resolutions update. Here we go…
1. do not eat sugar/wheat on weekdays – Big time fail. This was a really stressful month (lame excuse) so I ate terribly. But, I did order almond flour and Stevia and coconut oil so I can start eating better once I get my act together.
2. sign up for weekly tennis lessons – I tried. No luck with the recommended pro.
3. use exercise tapes at home 3x week (yoga or kettlebells) – I didn’t exercise once! Not once! Awful. I did buy a kettlebell though.
4. massage 1x/week – Needed this but did zero!
5. mani/pedi 2x/month – Yup, got two in!
6. hair appt. 1x/2months– Went this month and my hair looks terrible!!! I will be coloring it myself from now on!
7. work on French or Spanish with Rosetta Stone 1x/week – Decided on Spanish and bought phrasebook! Yay, me! I also learned some new vocab and asked the one person I know here who speaks Spanish to chat with me on occasion and she agreed.
8. blog daily at www.coconutphoto.wordpress.com – Success!
9. sign Coco up for ballet lessons – Success! She starts Monday!
10. take Coco out to dinner 1x/week for 1:1 time – Zero times.
11. write a children’s book – No headway.
12. read camera manual – Where is it?
13. implement Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover plan – Yes, I have started this and I am really happy with my progress. I have planned which bills will be paid first and how much; I opened a savings account with an automatic monthly deposit; I have completed Baby Step 1: put $1000 in an emergency fund and I have started Baby Step 2, The Debt Snowball.
14. make Coco’s lifebook – No, but I have a friend at work who adopted from Vietnam and I suggested we do this together. I will plan this as an activity for us soon.
15. do one trip a month – No, in fact I cancelled a trip.
You know what I realize though? Most of these resolutions are stupid so here are the new resolutions:
do not eat sugar/wheat on weekdays <– too extreme Pack lunch every day and eat coconut products daily
sign up for weekly tennis lessons tighten up by working out 3x/wk (yoga, tapes, tennis or kettlebells) and lose 10-15 pounds
use exercise tapes at home 3x week (yoga or kettlebells)
massage 1x/week This is not a good resolution! Dumb.
mani/pedi 2x/month This is stupid! Who cares how often I go?
hair appt. 1x/2months Asians can’t do curly hair. Or Black hair. What was I thinking??
work on French or Spanish with Rosetta Stone 1x/week Become conversational in Spanish
8. blog daily at www.coconutphoto.wordpress.com
9. sign Coco up for ballet lessons – done!
take Coco out to dinner 1x/week for 1:1 time Create some weekly family rituals
11. write a children’s book
12. read camera manual and improve photography skills and back up all photos in two or more places
13. implement Dave Ramsey’s TMM plan <– too vague
Put $1000 in emergency fund – Done! Pay off Amex. Pay back Mom. Pay off Home Equity Line of Credit.
14. make Coco’s lifebook but also create photo books of adoption, birthdays, holidays, my old blog, other life events
do one trip a month <–This doesn’t help align with TMM
Make my free housing here in Manila lovely and inviting home
Clearly my resolutions need adjusting and refining. I will rewrite them and post later in the week. How are your New Year’s Resolutions coming along?